Saturday, March 28, 2009

Ben Kenobi and Claude Monet


Ben Kenobi. 1995. Graphite on paper with digital color tint. 4"x7".



Claude Monet. 1995. Graphite on paper with digital color tint. 8.5"x11"

Portraits will always be a central aspect to my work. I started exploring abstract work in college, but before that I spent most of my time practicing realism and accurately replicating pictures in magazines and books without a grid (to better test proportions). These two came out pretty well for being somewhat quick, and the Monet got me a bit closer to getting fabric textures down. Although my portfolio doesn't have much diversity in it for these years in my life, I'm glad I focused on graphite and realism because of the solid foundation of 2D skills they gave me once I branched out to color and other mediums.

No comments:

Post a Comment