Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Latest RDR2 Hype/News

It's tough to balance how much reposted Red Dead Redemption news I should put on this blog, so here's a few of the more important bits that have come out in the last week or so:

-Fox has announced it will air a thirty minute Red Dead Redemption special on Saturday May 15th at midnight. It will be animated, so I have no idea what that will look like but I'm excited to find out.

-For the Nascar fans out there, Red Dead Redemption is advertised on racer Joey Logano's GameStop #20 car, which will be seen during the O'Reilly 300 Nationwide Race. Click the link to see a great photo of it in action.

-In upcoming movie news, Red Dead Redemption will be screening advertisements before three of the spring's biggest movies, Iron Man 2, Robin Hood, and Nightmare on Elm Street. I know the kind of people that will see those movies, and they will definitely be gamers, so I can't wait to see my game in a movie theater (for a limited time). So cool!

-The next multiplayer promo video will be released tomorrow. The last one, about Multiplayer Free Mode, was released the other week.

-Red Dead fever is spreading...

-Lastly, there was a great write-up of a fan's experience playing RDR2 at an official Rockstar hands-on demo event (Scroll down to Day 2 Part 2), which was played in a special spot in Brooklyn filled with authentic set pieces, as well as a piano player and servers dressed in period attire. I wish I had seen it myself.

It's great to see news about the game spreading. Keep sharing links about it and don't forget to pre-order the game for the Xbox 360 or PS3 if you haven't already!

No comments:

Post a Comment